About Us: Terms and Conditions
Prices are subject to change without notice. Jamaican prices are applicable only to orders or purchases made in Jamaica.
For price information please contact our Customer Service team for local prices and our Export Development Manager for export prices. Please use our contact details as given on the back cover.
Pro-forma invoices are available upon request from Customer Service for local and our Export Development Manager for export.
All purchases are classified as either cash or credit. Credit may be approved after two years of trading with the company. Carlong’s Credit Committee meets in April of each year and establishes the credit status/limit of each customer, following consultation. For further information contact the Customer Service Section.
- All booksellers are eligible for discount as follows:
1–2 copies – no discount
3–5 copies – 20% discount
6 & over copies – 30% discount
- Institutions such as schools, libraries, private and public sector companies, groups and churches may be eligible for 20% discount under special conditions.
Carlong will provide schools with a review copy of a book, upon request, for possible course adoption. This request must be sent on the institution’s letterhead, and must include the signature, name and position of the person making the request.
- Order Requests: To facilitate timely order fulfillment, orders should be submitted at least 2 days in advance of required receipt of books.
- Pre-packed Orders: We require our local customers to be present at the time of final check-off and to sign the invoice/s on receipt of the books to avoid claims of order discrepancy after the goods have been dispatched.
All export enquiries and orders should be sent to our Export Development Manager at our Ruthven Road office.
For optimum service efficiency and satisfaction, we ask that you check your goods with our dispatcher to ensure accuracy. Both parties should sign the invoices once the accuracy of the delivery has been ascertained.
Books may be returned to Carlong’s Distribution Centre, within 90 days from date of invoice. However, they must satisfy the following criteria before credit can be approved:
- All books must be in saleable condition, i.e.,
book/s must not be damaged in any way.
- All prices should be removed completely without
defacing the book. No sticker residue or pencil
mark or impression should be left behind.
- A copy of the invoice or delivery note on which
the books were originally supplied must be presented with the books being returned.
- Both the customer and the warehouse supervisor/
manager must check and agree on the books being
NB: Orders of 6 copies or less are considered as a firm sale. Once all requirements are met, a credit note will be generated within two days.
Return of Damaged Books
Books may be returned for replacement once they are found to be faulty. Faults include
- books not properly bound
- books collated incorrectly
- books with missing pages
In the event that we are unable to exchange faulty books because they are out-of-stock, a credit note will be issued.
Monthly statements are sent to each credit customer. It is the customers’ responsibility to reconcile the statements and direct any ensuing enquires to the Customer Service Supervisor/Representative or the Export Development Manager for the overseas market.
Your statement is broken down as follows:
- All invoices within the given month, not yet due
- 31 – 60 days
- Invoices over the 30-days period and now past due
- 61 – 90 days
- All invoices are overdue
- over 90 days
When making a payment, please quote the invoice number for which payment is being submitted. Please note, that payment will be applied to the oldest invoice first if an invoice number is not quoted.
Methods of Payment
- Manager’s Cheque, Cash or Bank Transfers, Debit/Credit Card.
- Customers paying via bank transfers should first ascertain the Invoice amount from Carlong’s Customer Service office. The amount should be lodged to Carlong Publishers (Caribbean) Limited, Account #: 391015279 National Commercial Bank (NCB), Duke Street Branch, Kingston.
- Regular lodgements by local customers can be made at any branch of NCB.
Lodgement slips (with the customer’s name clearly written) should be faxed to Carlong’s Customer Service office after lodgement is made, to provide proof of payment and to ensure that the customers’ account with Carlong is credited.
Facilitating Informed Decisions, Improved Sales and Quality Service
- Carlong Stock List: Our stock list details the list of books published by Carlong and Pearson Educational Services which are stocked at our Distribution Centre. Additional copies are available from our Customer Service office at Newport West.
- Carlong New Books: As soon as new titles are published, a complimentary copy is sent to each book seller for display in their store. A copy is also sent to schools visited prior to publication.
- Carlong Book News: This is Carlong’s way of keeping you abreast of current news relating to our books. Please pay special attention to your book news, in order to be well informed about new publications, new editions and out of print titles. Copies are sent annually along with your credit letters.
- Book Displays (In-Store and/or Special Events): Carlong will initiate and/or upon request, partner with bookshops, schools, libraries and other partners to stage promotional and sales exhibitions to support your interest in developing and advancing the education process. You may also view a display of our titles at our Ruthven Road Marketing Department.
Order fulfillment and Enquiries
Our customer service and marketing teams can be contacted Monday to Thursday 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. and Fridays 8:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.