Book 1: Jamaica: Living Together in Society
The series adopts a problem-solving and activity-oriented approach, with strong focus on group and project work. Varied forms of assessment, traditional and modern, are also employed to develop skills as well as test understanding. There are a wealth of visual stimuli, including line drawings, maps, plans, photos, graphs, tables, charts etc. The series also makes great general reading for Caribbean children, at home and abroad, who want to know more about today's Jamaica.
- Traditional and formal methods of assessment such as essays, short answers and multiple choice tests as well as newer, student-centred activities such as portfolio assessment, can-do assessment, observational schedules and checklists
- Activities can be implemented by students at both the normative and enrichment levels
- Strong focus on group and project work
Look out For:
- Clear, simple language and interesting graphical presentations
- Stimulating assessment exercises