Let Us Sing: Hymns, Songs and Choruses for Caribbean Schools
A refreshing new collection of over 100 hymns, songs and choruses, whose appeal extends far beyond the targeted school audience to worship sessions in any religious gathering or for personal worship. Caribbean favourites, with their own unique rhythms such as reggae, calypso and mento, are blended with traditional European and American hymns and African-American spirituals. Selections were chosen for theological as well as musical value and cover a wide denominational base. The musical score for the melody line and chord patterns are included to ensure that everyone can sing every song in the collection. Let us sing to the glory of God!
- Selections are arranged according to themes such as Praise, Thanksgiving, Christian Living, Faith and Reassurance
- Inclusion of musical score for the melody line and chord patterns
- Inclusion of many Caribbean favourites by some of the best known Caribbean composers of religious music:
Fr. Richard HoLung, Noel Dexter, Patrick Prescod
- An Index helps the user to locate specific pieces
Look out For:
- Delightful black and white line illustrations
- Patricia Joseph
- Dear Publisher, I am very impressed with the publication of your book ’Let Us Sing:Hymns,Songs and Choruses for Caribbean Schools.I’ll be very grateful if you can send me a sample copy for the edification of the church. With Thanks, Sister_Pat
- Latoya Haynes-Williams
- not really a feedback, i would like a sample of the Let Us Sing hymns, songs and choruses
- Come, let’s learn how to sing.