Living And Sharing With Others
Central themes within the book:
- (FQ 1) Basic needs and other needs. Basic needs = water, shelter, food, clothing and air. Other needs = love, friendship, respect and safety (are a few examples). Pupils are also taught the difference between the two e.g. things that we can live without and things that we cannot live without. Also wants (as opposed to needs) are also dealt with e.g. toys, cell phone etc.
- (FQ 2) Satisfying other needs is also a key topic. Here needs such as worship (prayer and different religions), safety/security, friendship, health, creativity, love and respect are explored further.
- (FQ 3) Does satisfying other needs make a difference to life. This section not only focuses on the individual but also on the wider community, nation and the world. Other needs and values such as respect, love, peace, non-violence and right action do make a difference to the way we all live (in school, at home and in the wider community).
- Comprehensive coverage of all the Focus Questions, Objectives and Attainment Targets of the Revised Primary Curriculum (RPC)
- Concepts taught in a completely integrated way
- Foundation for upper primary (Grades 4-6)
- Pupils develop critical-thinking, problem-solving and science process skills
- Assessment Tasks interwoven throughout the books, and at the end of each Focus Question
- Teacher/Parent Help pages involve parents and guardians
- Attractive photos and illustrations to aid the learning process