First Steps in Science Year 4 Activity Book
It is also an excellent choice for the Grade 4 child who has just started serious preparation for the Grade Six Achievement Test (GSAT) as it helps to reinforce important concepts and contains two 60-item multiple-choice tests.FSIS Yr 4 AB articulates with the curriculum to help students develop inquiry skills/science process skills, laying the groundwork for success in science in later grades and in high school.
- The main science skills used are at the bottom of each page. We have made it easy for the teacher or parent who is supervising the learning process to assess the development of these important skills.
- The language is simple and activities can be done with little supervision, so this workbook is ideal for seatwork and homework.
- Wide range of assessment strategies used; traditional (paper and pencil) methods are represented, but performance-based methods are also used. This is ideal for classes with students of varying ability levels.
- Two 60-item multiple-choice tests with answers included (pull-out section) help prepare students for the GSAT. These tests can be used to give children valuable practice in answering multiple-choice questions, and following instructions under exam conditions.
- Cooperative learning is an area of great emphasis in this text; in the first unit (Science Skills), the students learn how to organize themselves in cooperative groups and are taught the different roles in these groups.
- The book is vibrant and visually appealing.
Look out For:
- On Your Own sections that provide opportunities for individual exploration
- Glossary/Index features that motivate students to be independent learners
- Section on science skills on each page helps teachers and parents to zone in on and strengthen student's weaknesses