First Steps in Science Year 5 Pupil's Book
- With few exceptions, the text is organized using Unit Titles and Focus Questions taken from the RPC
- Clear, detailed diagrams help teach concepts
- The authors encourage curiosity in young people with the use of questioning throughout the text and in the captions for illustrations.
- The new Challenge feature indicates that an activity can be used with more advanced students, but these activities are also wonderful opportunities to teach children how to deal with difficulty. Once they accomplish these tasks, their self-confidence grows and they become more willing to take on new challenges. This will help save time in the classroom.
- The new Looking Ahead feature helps teachers and students prepare for activities by advising when to start collecting or preparing items that will be needed for future activities.
- Wide range of assessment strategies used; traditional (paper and pencil) methods are represented, but performance-based methods are also used. This is ideal for classes with students of varying ability levels.
- Each unit is followed by an end-of-unit assessment, consisting of 5 multiple-choice questions and five or six questions using a variety of other question types. The multiple-choice questions can be used to give students valuable practice.
- First Steps in Science Year 5 Pupil's Book utilizes full colour throughout, giving the book vibrancy and visual appeal