Carlong Integrated Practice Tests (CIPT) Series is the latest in new publications that have been developed to incorporate the current learning and testing elements of the Revised Primary Curriculum (RPC). All the books in the series are fully integrated and present each subject in a dynamic and engaging manner that excites student interest, motivates learning and inspires effective teaching.
Science Part 1 is an attractively-designed text written to meet the need for simulated tests that match the requirements of the GSAT examination. The material in the revised text is integrated, utilizes the multiple intelligences and shows the influence of career, technology and tourism infusion. The multiple-choice questions are carefully constructed to test high- order skills, cover as wide a range of topics as possible and give students practice in all question types that are likely to appear on the exam.
- Eight Test Papers that mirror the GSAT examination
- Spread of questions in each 60-item test matches Table of Specifications (TOS) for the number of questions in the GSAT Science exam based on each year's work. This means that for each 60-item test, 10 items will be based on Grade 4 material, 20 items will be based on Grade 5 material and 30 items will be based on Grade 6 material.
- Tests utilize the integrated approach to learning as questions are drawn from all subjects in the Upper Primary curriculum.
- Chill Out: In recognition of the enormous stress that students experience when preparing for the GSAT, this feature has been added after each practice test to help students relax.
- Science Titbits: This section serves as a reminder for students that science is not just about school and exams by giving them additional real world information about a few of the topics they studied in Grades 4, 5 and 6. They are encouraged to find out more information on the Internet or in an encyclopaedia.
- Breakdown of composition of tests: Teachers can quickly find questions from each grade, so tests can easily be used to identify specific areas of weakness, or for targeted revision.
- Progress Graph: As a test is completed, students add their score to this graph, allowing them to track their own progress. Parents can also use this feature.
- I used this book to help my son prepare for GSAT and although it had few errors it was very helpful in fact a question in this book came on the GSAT exam this year (2007.
I was shocked to hear that my son scored 98% on the science test and I know that this book helped tremendously .... thank you.
Could you publish a book similar to this one for Social Studies