Consonants - Second Edition
Playing With Sounds Part 1 and 2 introduce beginners to letter sounds, give practice in handwriting, build sight word vocabulary and develop reading skills.Consonants enables pupils to recognize and write initial, medial and final consonants, and to associate each letter with its sound(s).
Vowels helps pupils to recognize and associate vowels with their sounds, and to discriminate between long and short vowel sounds.Consonant Blends facilitates visual and written discrimination of blends and develops dictionary, spelling and vocabulary skills.
The final book, Skill-Building, consolidates the areas covered in the preceding books and develops advanced decoding, word-building and usage skills
- Enables pupils to recognize and write consonants and associate each letter with its sound.
- Includes medial as well as initial and final consonants.
- Provides varied exercises, such as riddles, poems, drawing and colouring
Look out For:
- Helpful notes to guide the teacher on the approaches to take when teaching particular phonetic sounds.
- Structured review exercises in all the books