Living and Non-Living Things in My Environment
Carlong has pioneered the development of a comprehensive range of activity-oriented textbooks for Jamaica's new, completely integrated curriculum for the first three years of primary school. The series is organized around the curriculum's focus questions and emphasizes concept formation, content coverage, skills development and vocabulary building.
To ensure comprehensive coverage of the curriculum, there are five books for each year, making a total of fifteen books for three years.Living and Non-Living Things in My Environment is an attractive activity-oriented textbook which generates enthusiasm for learning through class discussions, group work, games, puzzles, poetry and alternative assessment strategies that have been aligned to the Focus Questions, Objectives and Attainment Targets of the Revised Primary Curriculum.
- Concepts taught using a completely integrated and student-centred approach
- Students will develop critical-thinking, problem-solving and science process skills, as well as positive values, attitudes and habits of mind
- Activities and content designed to lay the pedagogical foundation for upper primary
- Attractive and stimulating visuals ar an integral part of the learning process
Look out For:
- What have you learnt? and Window on Words at the end of each Focus Question summarize the concepts and key words learnt
- Teacher/Parent Help pages involve parents and guardians in their child's learning process
- Assessment tasks interwoven throughout as well as at the end of each Focus Question