Carlong Revision Guide: Junior Science
The book adopts an integrated approach that highlights the links between the concepts covered throughout the upper primary level. Related topics from each grade are presented in the same section. Scientific principles are presented in a very concise manner using simple language, displays, tables and other graphic organizers that are ideal for revision purposes. The book now has a strong workbook component.
- Gives accurate science information that the teachers can rely on.
- Highlights objectives, key concepts and vocabulary.
- Covers the curriculum thoroughly.
- An indexed glossary features important words.
- Key Points summarizes concepts covered in each unit.
- Web link. suggests websites for further discovery and activities.
- Save the Earth sensitizes students to environmental problems.
- Making connections helps the reader to find related topics in the book.
- Study Tips help students to memorize and recall important points.
- Assessment is done using a wide variety of techniques.
- Four Practice Tests at the end of the book, each comprising 60 multiple-choice items, cover the upper primary science curriculum and use the style of the GSAT examination.
- Removable answer sheets allow for easy marking.
Look out For:
- Graphical presentation of information
- Ongoing assessment
- Clear and relevant diagrams and illustrations
- A comprehensive glossary/index
Other books in the series
- Carlong Revision Guide for Junior Engligh Second Edition
Authors: Dorothy Noel, Keith Noel and Myrtle Kellier
- Carlong Revision Guide Junior Mathematics Second Edition
Authors: Joyce Mckenzie, Pauline Johnson and Yvonne Solomon-Nelson