Carlong Integrated Assessment Papers: Book 4 - Mathematics
Carlong Integrated Assessment Papers: Book 4 - Mathematics combines teaching and testing to create an exciting text. This book is a revision of the popular Carlong Fourth Year Assessment Tests - Mathematics and retains many of the exercises from that book. The new text revises or teaches key mathematics topics before it presents students with related practice exercises. Topics include numbers, fractions, measurement, geometry, consumer mathematics, algebra and probability.Students are also given a number of tests which provide them with further practice and help to measure their grasp of the concepts taught.
In addition to the main mathematics focus of the text, the book contains reasoning and problem-solving tests.The book stimulates the development of numeracy skills as students apply mathematics to everyday life.
- Can be used in the classroom and at home
- Reflects an integrated approach
- Uses varied assessment formats and strategies
- Includes 16 mathematics tests and 15 reasoning and problem-solving tests Presents numerous worked examples
- Provides answers for exercises and tests
- Includes a glossary/index
Look out For:
- Teaches key Mathematics topics before it presents students with related practice exercises.
- Features numerous worked examples.
- Reasoning and problem-solving tests.
- Includes detachable answers for exercises and tests.
- Prof Simon Mitchell
- I am concerned about the use of submultiples and mutliples for metric measurement introduced from p. 113 onwards. uncommon terms are introduced which to me is more confusing for the students than helpful. Exercise 3 on page 115 is particularly poorly designed as it mixes up different submultiples in a way that would never be experienced in common usage. I would suggest a revision of this chapter. Further, The book is designed as a workbook, but invariably there is too little space for the workings to be done by students. This is regretable, as ample space is present on most of the pages and poorly used.