Carlong Primary Religious Education - Years 5 & 6
This is actually two books in one as it comprises Year 5 and Year 6 materials. Year 5 deals with the coming of the major world religions to the Caribbean and the indigenous religions of Jamaica and the Caribbean. Year 6 deals with various rites of passage of the major world religions, i.e. pregnancy and birth, infancy, initiations, weddings, and death.
The book also encourages positive values and attitudes, by focusing on important values passed on by the various religions.
- Two books in one Years 5 and 6 offering full coverage of the Grades 5 and 6 RE curricula of the MOE
- Objectives set out at the start of each unit
- Accurate, excitingly written content delivered in simple language and pitched at the student?s level
- A variety of integrated activities and exercises using different media and stimuli
- Assessments at the end of each unit that help to evaluate students' understanding
- Full colour design and vibrant photographs throughout
- Glossary /Index of important words and concepts highlighted in the text one each for Years 5 and 6
- Word Study, a popular feature in the Year 4 book, is included, one each for Years 5 and 6
Look out For:
- Important information on the indigenous religions of Jamaica and the wider Caribbean
- Jamaica: Rastafari, Kumina, Revivalism Units 5-11
- The wider Caribbean: Vodou, Orisha, Spiritual Baptist Units 12-14
- Interesting Facts feature
- Answers to end of unit assessment multiple choice questions (i.e. Part A) and some Part B questions.