Carlong Integrated Assessment Papers Book 2 - Language Arts
Carlong Integrated Assessment Papers Book 2 - Language Arts superbly revises Carlong Second Year Assessment Tests: English but departs from the format of the original textbook. The workbook features a revision component, as well as most of the language arts-related material from our much-loved Carlong Second Year Assessment Tests: Mental Ability. We have provided for the market two books in one!
- Organization of the text
- The textbook is organized as follows:
- Note to the Student - This provides information to the students about the interesting activities that have been included in the book to stimulate their minds.
Note to the Teacher/Parent - This tells the teacher/parent how the book works, with a strong focus on its organization, various features and their icons.
- Homework Reminder - The page serves to alert parents and remind students about exercises that have been assigned as homework.
Units 1-12 - Language arts concepts that are aligned to the curricula are revised and examples provided. The students are given numerous exercises through the use of various stimuli (story writing, puzzles, fill in the blanks, matching games, cut and paste, colouring, comprehension questions, brain teasers) to help them become better thinkers and users of the language. Summative assessments are given at the end of each unit to evaluate how well students have grasped the concepts in the unit.
Unit 13 - This Reasoning and Problem-solving unit comprises 10 progressively challenging but fun test papers to sharpen students' critical thinking skills.
- Answers- These are provided for the Reasoning and Problem-solving test papers and are included at the back of the book.
Teacher/Parent Corner - This provides teachers and parents with useful tips on how to help the students, and informs them of the necessary preparations they need to make or follow-up activities that they need to provide.
- One mega Reasoning and Problem-solving unit with 10 Test Papers - see pages 188-216
- 12 Language Arts units each with end-of-unit assessment - see pages 2-187
- Integrated content with real-life application - see examples on pages 24, 70, 93-94, 111, 156-158
- Various stimuli and assessment methods - see examples on pages 6-7, 25, 27-28, 37, 39, 55, 91, 100, 102-103, 120-121, 123, 130-131, 140-141, 150-151, 179
- Answers for Reasoning and Problem-solving Test Papers - see page 217
- Useful tips for teachers and parents - see page 218
- Attractive and interesting design
- Brain Teasers to stimulate the student's mind - see examples on pages 26, 47, 80, 130
- Can be used both at home and at school
Look out For:
- Answers for Reasoning and Problem-solving Test Papers
- Teacher/Parent Corner
- Homework Reminder page