Carlong Numeracy Skills
Gateway to Numeracy: Carlong Numeracy Skills is the companion text to Carlong Literacy Skills. It prepares students for the critical Jamaican Grade 4 Numeracy Test through the provision of strategically organized practice tests. It also offers invaluable practice for students at the Class 3/Grade 4/Standard 3 levels in other Caribbean countries.
Unique structure of the book
- The book commences with five tests which revise Grade 3 mathematical concepts and therefore pave the way for an easy transition to Grade 4 work. Each Grade 3 test covers a different mathematical strand i.e. Number, Measurement, Geometry, Algebra or Probability/Statistics.
- This is followed by five Grade 4 Term 1 tests and five Grade 4 Term 2 tests each of which also covers a different mathematical strand.
- In the five Mixed Items Tests, the various mathematical strands are combined in each test.
- The ten full length test papers at the end of the book simulate the Grade 4 numeracy Test. Each consists of 46 multiple choice items and 3 open-ended items.
- Stimulating items that not only test concepts learned but challenge students to think through processes
- Mathematical concepts set in real life situations
- Pan-Caribbean flavour infused throughout the text
- Can be used from the Grade 3 level
- Encourages independent work or practice at home
Look out For:
- Answers for all the tests – including answers for the open-ended items
- Glossary/Index - makes it easier to find particular topics