How Smart Are You? Reasoning & Problem-solving
How Smart Are You? Reasoning & Problem-Solving tests and stimulates critical thinking and problem-solving skills. It is mainly a supplementary educational book but can also be used recreationally - a very handy, travel-friendly product. Although primarily geared towards upper primary students (10 years and over), lower secondary students and adults will find the activities interesting and stimulating.
The book comprises 25 smart tests with 20 items each. The tests are progressively challenging and cater to those at varying learning levels.
The types of features and activities that are incorporated in the book include:
- Multiple choice questions
- Scenario-based questions
- Open-ended questions
- Unscramble words
- Heavy picture content
- Provides superb preparation for the Higher Order Thinking Skills Test which will be one of three elements in the new Primary Exit Profile (PEP) to be implemented in 2018. The PEP will replace The Grade Six Achievement Test (GSAT) which will be administered at the end of Grade Six.
- Varied exercises that span different subject areas and topics, such as mathematics, geography, safety measures, road signs (see examples on pages 21, 22, 26-27, 34-35, 40, 46, 60, 66, 78-79, 86)
- Utilizes an integrated approach based on real-life situations (see examples on pages 3-4, 17-18, 20-21, 23-24, 26-27, 33-35, 38-39, 45-46, 54-57, 64-65, 72-75, 88-91, 99)
- Will improve usersí vocabulary, increase their knowledge and help to develop their research skills
- Can be used to prepare students for quiz competitions
- Will appeal to users globally
- Provides good, productive leisure time activity for children and adults alike
- Will develop studentsí reasoning and analytical skills
- Can be used strategically to stretch students at the grades 4-5 level
- Provides positive reinforcement of values and attitudes
- Will develop studentsí ability to process information
Look out For:
- Challenging exercises that stimulate the brain and will improve userís reasoning and problem-solving skills
- Interesting facts and brain teasers at the end of each smart test
- Answers at the back of the book