Carlong Revision Guide For Junior English - Second Edition
This comprehensive primary language arts revision guide, incorporates recent additions to the curriculum. The wide variety of exercises enhance student's writing skills espcially in preparation for the Communication Task paper in the GSAT in Jamaican schools, as well as all secondary school selection examinations done at this level.
The text forms part of the Carlong Revision Guide series, the other title in the series is Carlong Revision Guide - Junior Mathematics.
- Strong focus on the problematic areas of English such as grammatical structure and usage, as well as oracy
- Comprehensive coverage of the development of writing skills including composition crafting, process writing, journal writing, short story writing and descriptive writing
- Special attention given to Creole usage, highlighting the differences between the Creole form of language and standard Jamaican English
- Includes a wide variety of stimuli: prose passages, advertisements, directories, cartoons, graphs, exciting illustrations, poetry and recipes
- Provides continuous assessment through a variety of creative exercises, research activities, quizzes, etc.
Look out For:
- note taking
- report writing
- book reviews
- portfolio preparation
- letter writing (social and business)