Getting To Know Me
These extremely attractive and stimulating activity-oriented textbooks follow the revolutionary pedagogical principle on which the new curriculum is based, that children in the early stages, learn best in an integrated way - not in discrete subject compartments.
The activities in the book therefore integrate Social Studies, Science and Technology, Religious Education, Art and Craft, Drama, Music and Movement. Interwoven throughout all this mix are strands of key Mathematics and Language Arts concepts.
- Teaches concepts in completely integrated way.
- Explores all the objectives and attainment targets of the new primary curriculum.
- Provides comprehensive coverage of all focus questions.
- Presents a wide variety of activities that foster the development of the seven multiple intelligences.
- Helps students, as they do the activities, develop critical thinking processes, science process skills and positive attitudes or habits of mind.
- Encourages 'talk' throughout. This is vital as it helps students develop their language capabilities.
- Gives numerous exercises that allow students to hone their penmanship skills.
- Contains enticing and exciting illustrations which are an integral part of the learning process.
Look out For:
- Words to Learn feature at the bottom of each page to reinforce words learnt in the lesson
- Use of vibrant and engaging illustrations