Getting To Know My Body
In this groundbreaking major series, Carlong has pioneered the development of a comprehensive range of activity-oriented textbooks for Jamaica's new, completely integrated curriculum for the first three years of primary school. The series is organized around the curriculum's focus questions and emphasizes concept formation, content coverage, skills development and vocabulary building. There are five books for each year, making a total of fifteen books for the three years. This ensures comprehensive coverage of the curriculum which includes subjects, and which requires total integration at several levels: across subject boundaries, between individual lessons and from one term to the next. Extensive illustrations and varied activities and projects are designed to cater to multiple intelligences and to ensure that each child's interest is aroused and learning is facilitated in these critical foundation years.
- Total integration across subject boundaries between individual lessons and from one term to the next.
- Use of focus questions from the MOE's Curriculum Guide to assist teachers and students.
- Variety of multi-level actitivies that embrace the different intelligences and ensure full class participation
- Sound pedagogy coupled with exciting illustrations in the traditional Carlong blend
Look out For:
- Words to Learn feature at the bottom of each page to reinforce words learnt in the lesson.
- Use of vibrant and engaging illustrations