Jamaica: A Junior History
A landmark publication, this was the first complete history of Jamaica to have been written for young readers. It gives a simple and engaging account of the people and events that have influenced the formation of modern Jamaica from the time of the first inhabitants. A variety of illustrations and source materials, including line drawings, photographs, stories, songs and poems enrich the telling of the tale. Stimulating activities focus on the development of research skills, while students progress is continually assessed by a variety of methods.
- An introduction which advises the student on how to approach the study of histry
- Inclusion of historical photographs and other source materials such as stories, songs, diary entries
- Use of a variety of assessment methods such as essay and letter writing, research, etc.
Look out For:
- Stimulating activities in each chapter
- Index which aids easy access to information
- Glossary of important words and concepts in each chapter